Provide your customers with the ability to download their certificates after entering their personal information.
After entering personal information, such as email address or name, the visitor will have access to the appropriate files from Drive. If there are multiple files, the visitor can download them in a single archive or PDF file.
The widget can be installed on any website or opened with a link.
Adding the Widget
- Domain on which the widget will be placed. Only the domain should be specified. If the widget is not planned to be embedded on a website, this field should be left blank.
- Widget Title. Text displayed in the widget title. By default, it is "Get Document," but it can be replaced with another title, such as "Download Certificate," according to the documents for which access is provided.
- Label below the title, which is displayed right below the title. A hint or recommendation on using the widget.
- Label on the button below the personal information entry fields. Clicking the button opens the files based on the entered personal information.
- Waiting Message. If the file is not yet ready, the message "Please wait" will be displayed along with the text specified in this field.
- File Access. Restrict access to files that will be available through the widget. You can specify several folders or select all files in Drive. If a file is in a subfolder and the parent folder is specified in this field, it will also be available. The level of nesting is not important.
Add File Editing Button. This toggle adds an edit button (in the form of a pencil) next to each file that is available for download.
In order for editing to work, the editing widget must be enabled and configured. If the file is not available for editing (for example, the number of changes has exceeded the limit or the editing widget defines folders from which files can be edited and this file is in a different folder), the button will not be displayed.
This feature may be useful if there are typos in the files. Your recipients will be able to correct the typos in the files themselves.
- Offer to download multiple files as one archive. If multiple files are found that match the entered personal information, the visitor will be prompted to download them as a single archive or PDF file.
- Add "Share with friends" block. Buttons will be added to the widget below the search result to allow sharing a link to your website with friends. The cover image of the publication will be the first file from the search result.
- Main and text color. You can customize the widget by specifying the color of the main elements and the text color for the main button.
- Individual styles. CSS styles that will be applied to the widget elements for greater personalization.
- Variable. The variable whose data will be checked, for example, %full_name. It should be specified as it appears in your documents. Email address - %email.
- Precision. The precision of variable checking. Options include "exact match" (the string is checked in its entirety), "first word" (only the first word must match), "any word" (any word must match), and "last 4 characters" (only the last 4 characters are checked).
- Ignore characters. The characters specified in this field will be ignored during checking. You should specify them using a comma (;). For example, if you want to ignore spaces and periods, specify them as follows:
- Variable name. The text that will be displayed directly in the input field, for example "Surname name" or "Email address".
- Help text. The text that will be displayed below the input field. It can contain tips on how to enter data in the correct format.
Input Fields 2
You can display only one field (for example, Name or email address), or you can display two fields for greater confidentiality.
Code for Website
To display the widget on your website, you need to insert the code provided in the block where the widget will be displayed. You should insert the code where the widget will be directly displayed. For example, on a separate page of your site where the widget is displayed.
Access by Link
The widget can be accessed by a link that needs to be sent to recipients. To do this, you need to allow the use of the widget by link and copy it.
Inserting a Link in an Email
You can place a link to the widget in the text of your email, so that the recipient can download one or all files. And if editing files is allowed, they can change the data as needed.
To do this, in the text of your email, you need to write the necessary text, for example "Click here to see all your certificates." Then on the required text, for example the word "here," add a link to the widget on your website, and at the end of the link, reference the variables from the widget, for example
where "variable" is the variable specified as the first and second variable, for example %full_name. Email address - %email. If the widget has only one variable, you only need to refer to the first one. If there is already a question mark in the widget link on the website, use & instead of ? when referring to variables.
For example, if the widget has one field %email and the widget is located at https://test.com/form/, the link should look like this: https://test.com/form/?p1=%email
When sending the email, the personal data from the file will be inserted instead of the variables. Therefore, when the person clicks on the link, they will immediately see their files.